Women are the single largest group of seed savers in the world. To achieve food security and build economic growth, women’s leadership in all aspects of food production must be acknowledged and supported.
USC Canada’s inclusive programming addresses the needs and priorities of an entire community. It also incorporates strategies that call on men to challenge women’s marginalization and helps build social relationships that are fair and for the betterment of all.
We offer training and financial support and enable organizational and leadership experience and opportunities to build skills and confidence.
- Conducting gender audits and analysis with all partner organizations.
- Supporting gender awareness forums and events.
- Conducting leadership training and promotion.
- Facilitating organizational and leadership opportunities for women in all participating communities.
- Supporting women-led agricultural production activities.
- Supporting women as lead farmers in Participatory Plant Breeding (PPB) and Participatory Varietal Selection (PVS) activities.
- Supporting income generation activities specific to women.