Help us Go WILD for Food and Farmers in 2014!
Clarenville, Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Victoria, Toronto….
Are you a Runner or a Walker (or a Skier or a Snowshoer)?
Are you looking for a way to have some healthy fun with family or friends, and make a contribution to a cause you believe in? Then, we may have just the right thing for you!
|Big thanks to our 2013 volunteers across Canada! You made this our best R4B yet!|
For 2014, we’re expanding our Run for Biodiversity campaign to 7 cities, and we’re looking for runners and walkers (and even skiers and snowshoers!) to join our R4B Team of fundraising volunteers!
Here’s our 2014 R4B plan:
- Clarenville (NL), winter: Stay tuned for details.
- Montreal, April 27: Half-marathon, 5km. Details to come.
- Halifax, May 18: Marathon, half-marathon, 10km, 5km, youth run. Details to come.
- Ottawa, May 24-25: Marathon, half-marathon, 10km, 5km, 2km, kids marathon. Fundraiser for Ethiopian farmers.
- Vancouver, June 22: Half-marathon, 5km. Fundraiser for farmers from Nepal.
- Victoria, Oct 12: Marathon, half-marathon, 8km, kids run/marathon. Nepal.
- Toronto, Oct 19: Marathon, half-marathon, 5km. Honduras.
If you’re looking for a healthy way to get involved, email David Rain at email@example.com for more details. Want to organize your own Ski or Swim or Bike for Biodiversityevent? Let’s talk.
Why Run for Biodiversity?
Each May 22, USC joins millions of people around the world in celebrating International Biodiversity Day, as well as World Food Day on Oct 16.
Biodiversity is all about food and farmers. It’s the earth’s life-support system, and nature’s brilliant insurance policy against disaster. If something fails, there’s a back-up plan: Biodiversity! Much is at stake for us all, and in a real sense, USC is helping farmers plant the Seeds of our very Survival
Thanks for Making a Difference!
Thanks to your generous support, USC Canada is able to help farmers grow more food for their families, in ways that our kind to the environment and nurture biodiversity.