Help us Go WILD for Food and Farmers in 2014
Check out our new R4B VIDEO below!!!!
Are you a Runner or Walker (or Skier or Snowshoer)?
Looking for a way to have some healthy fun with family or friends, and make a contribution to a cause you believe in? Then R4B may be just the right thing for you.
Run for Biodiversity has expanded to 7 cities: if you’re a runner, walker, skier or snowshoer we invite you to join our R4B Team of Fundraising Volunteers!
Here’s our 2014 R4B plan:
- Clarenville (NL), Feb 23: Ski or snowshoe! Fundraiser for farmers in Timor Leste.
- Montreal, April 27: Half-marathon, 5km. Fundraiser for farmers in West Africa/Canada. En français: La course aux semences.
- Halifax, May 18: Marathon, half-marathon, 10km, 5km, youth run. Farmers in Timor Leste.
- Ottawa, May 24-25: Marathon, half-marathon, 10km, 5km, 2km, kids marathon. Ethiopian farmers.
- Vancouver, June 22: Half-marathon, 5km. Fundraiser for farmers in Nepal.
- Victoria, Oct 12: Marathon, half-marathon, 8km, kids run. Nepal.
- Toronto, Oct 19: Marathon, half-marathon, 5km. Fundraiser for farmers in Honduras.
If you’re looking for a healthy way to get involved, email David Rain at email@example.com for more details. Want to organize your own Ski or Swim or Bike for Biodiversity event? Let’s talk.
Why Run for Biodiversity?
Each May 22, USC joins millions of people around the world in celebrating International Biodiversity Day, as well as World Food Day on Oct 16.
Biodiversity is all about food and farmers. It’s the earth’s life-support system, and nature’s brilliant insurance policy against disaster. If something fails, there’s a back-up plan: Biodiversity! Much is at stake for us all, and in a real sense, USC is helping farmers plant the Seeds of our very Survival
Thanks for Making a Difference!
Thanks to your generous support, USC Canada is able to help farmers grow more food for their families, in ways that our kind to the environment and nurture biodiversity.