Running wild for food and farmers!
Are you a runner or walker (or skier or snowshoer) looking for a way to have some healthy fun with family or friends, and make a contribution to a cause you believe in? R4B may be just right for you.
Run for Biodiversity has expanded to seven cities: if you’re a runner, walker, skier or snowshoer we invite you to join our R4B Team of fundraising volunteers!
Here’s our 2014 R4B plan:
- Clarenville (NL), Feb 23: Ski or snowshoe! Fundraiser for farmers in Timor Leste.
- Montreal, April 27: Half-marathon, 5km. Fundraiser for farmers in West Africa and Canada.
- Halifax, May 18: Marathon, half-marathon, 10km, 5km, youth run. Farmers in Timor Leste.
- Ottawa, May 23-24: Marathon, half-marathon, 10km, 5km, 2km, kids marathon. Funds go to Ethiopian farmers.
- Vancouver, June 22: Half-marathon, 5km. Fundraiser for farmers in Nepal.
- Victoria, Oct 12: Marathon, half-marathon, 8km, kids run. Fundraiser for farmers in Nepal.
- Toronto, Oct 19: Marathon, half-marathon, 5km. Fundraiser for farmers in Honduras.
Why Run for Biodiversity?
Biodiversity is all about food and farmers. It is the earth’s life-support system and nature’s brilliant insurance policy against disaster. If something fails, biodiversity means there a back-up plan. Much is at stake for us all, and in a real sense, USC Canada is helping farmers plant the seeds of our very survival.
Thanks for making a difference!
Thanks to your generous support, USC Canada is able to help farmers grow more food for their families, in ways that our kind to the environment and nurture biodiversity.